API 5L Seamless Line Pipe
Used for construction of long distance pipelines for combustible liquids and gases, nuclear station pipelines, heating system pipelines, general-purpose pipelines, vessels manufacturing, mechanical engineering and instrumental engineering.
- Line pipe is manufactured of metal in-house produced and smelted in the electric furnace, treated with synthetic slags and cast by continuous casters. The applied steel making process ensures the achievement of chemically pure steel with reference to sulphur and phosphor contents providing high tensile, ductility and corrosion resistance properties of pipes to be operated at low temperatures in various corrosion media.
- Rolling using a press piercing mill and continuous mill equipped with a fixed mandrel allows strict measurement tolerances to be obtained and ensures a lack of pipe body and surface defects.
- In order to achieve high tensile and ductility steel as well as its required structure, providing a high corrosion resistance in various corrosion media, pipes are heat treated in a computerized walking beam furnace. 70% of oil line pipes are subject to heat treatment.
- Pipes are inspected for internal and external flows by automatic non-distructive testing of ultrasonic and electromagnetic inspection. Pipe ends inspection after beveling is done by magnetic-fluoroscopic flaw detection.
- While manufacturing seamless line pipes ensures testing of corrosion-resistance properties through hydrogen included cracking method under NACE MR 02-84 and sulphide stress corrosion cracking method under NACE MR 01-77.
- All hot-finishing processes are done and completed above a temperature of 860ºC. The hardness of the material is in all instances below 22HRc, thus complying with the NACE MR 01-75 requirement for carbon steels.
- ANSI/AWWA C104/A21.4 American National Standard for Cement-Mortar Lining for Ductile-Iron Pipe and Fittings for Water
- ISO 21809 Petroleum and natural gas industries — External coatings for buried or submerged pipelines used in pipeline transportation systems
- DIN 30670 Polyethylen coatings of steel pipes and fittings
- ASTM A106: Gr A, Gr B, Gr C
- API 5L: A B X42,X46, X52, X60, X65, X70, X80
- Outer Diameter: Hot finish: 2″ – 30″, Cold drawn: 0.875″ – 18″
- Wall Thickness: Hot finish: 0.250″ – 4.00″, Cold drawn: 0.035″ – 0.875″
- Length: Random Length, Fixed Length, SRL, DRL
- square ends (straight cut, saw cut, and torch cut);
- beveled for welding (All line piping is square cut to the tolerance specified and bevelled to ANSI B16.25. An angle of 30º (-0º, +5º) and a landing of 1,6 mm, ±0,8 mm is applied. Schedule 160 material is supplied without bevelling.)
Surface: Lightly oiled, Hot dip galvanized, Electro galvanized, Black, Bare, Varnish coating/Anti rust oil, Protective Coatings (Coal Tar Epoxy, Fusion Bond Epoxy, 3-layers PE)
Packing: Plastic plugs in both ends, Hexagonal bundles of max. 2,000kg with several steel strips, Two tags on each bundle, Wrapped in waterproof paper, PVC sleeve, and sackcloth with several steel strips, Plastic caps.
Test: Chemical Component Analysis, Mechanical Properties (Ultimate tensile strength, Yield strength, Elongation), Technical Properties (Flattening Test, Bending Test, Hardness Test, Blow Test, Impact Test, etc.), Exterior Size Inspection, Hydrostatic Test(The standard pressure is limited to 20,7 MPa (3000 psi)), X-ray Test.
Mill Test Certificate: EN 10204/3.1B
Third party inspection: SGS, BV, Lloyds etc.